Posted on: 19 November 2020
If you are renovating your home, there are a lot of solutions for custom designs. One of the options that you may want to consider is residential windows. Today, there are a lot of options to update the windows in your home. The new windows are features that will help complete the look of your home. The following residential window projects will help you with custom home renovations:
Replacement Windows For A New Look
Today, replacement windows offer a great solution for window improvements. The great thing about them is that they can be installed in existing window casings. Some things to consider about the replacement window choices to give your home a custom look include:
- Choose metal and vinyl materials for durable finishes
- Sliders and double-hung replacements are usually in stock
- Repair and paint existing casings before installing replacements
- Details can be added outside the existing casing with new moldings
Consider these factors when looking for replacement windows to change the look of your home. Replacement windows are the perfect solution for all the standard openings.
Installing Larger Windows To Add Sunlight
There may also be areas of your home where you want more sunlight. Installing larger windows can help solve this problem. Wider and taller windows will enhance the design of your home. The benefits of installing larger windows for custom home renovations include:
- Bright up dull wall space with new windows
- Add architectural details with transoms, arches, and other custom windows
- Give your home efficient natural light and passive heating
These are the benefits of installing larger windows for a custom design. You will want to try to match the exterior and interior designs to the new windows you have installed.
Customizing The Moldings Around New Windows
Another area that you do not want to overlook is the moldings around new windows. These can be moldings that enhance the exterior design or improvements for interiors. Some of the improvements to do with new moldings and trim for windows include:
- Adding window shelves, seating, and built-in features for interior designs
- Friezes and custom molding details around window casings
- Adding other architectural details to match the trim of new windows
These are some of the improvements and details that can be added with trim. Some of these improvements can be outside the existing casings or integrated into new window trim.
Adding Custom Entrance Designs To Window Improvements
If you are making custom window improvements to your home, include improvements to the doors. There are a lot of options to improve the entrances to your home. For the main entrance, you may want a door with sidelights and other glass architectural features. You can do improvements with sliding glass features that open interior living areas to outdoor living spaces in areas like back doors.
These are options for custom home improvements that you will want to consider for your project. Contact a residential window replacement service for help to plan these custom renovation projects for your home.Share